Saturday, August 13, 2011

I Love to Draw! Featured Sketch #1


Today is August 13, 2011, and I have spent almost the entire day drawing... well, first I did a little creative writing which I will post another day. (I have more I want to write on it.) Lately I have been drawing a lot more, it seems that I am finding my love for art all over again. It really feels good. My last "Post" was talking about how I felt that I may have lost something valuable that made me want to do art... Well, whatever it was, (perhaps my passion for it?) It seems as though I may have found it again. I have been sketching pretty much daily, as you can see by the Page link over there >>>>>> (Daily Sketches) >>>>>> (I'm not going to bother generating a link to that page on this one, when there is clearly one already there...) Since I have a "Featured Recipe" Blog segment, I though perhaps I should have a "Featured Sketch" Segment... so here it is...














































Now, about today's image... I have been hearing alot about "Fursonalities"... Personified creatures to represent a person, or a character. Upon learnig that there is a huge following for this concept, I was intrigued. I have come to find out that there is a whole subculture of people devoted to this idea, with people having thier Fursonas become thier profile pictures, or avatars, and then joining clans, tribes, or some other sort of social group. So far as I have learned, there are no stories to be told, no cohesive plotlines that have been developed, even though there are quite literally hundreds of thousands of characters. For me, the idea of an endless stream of possible art combinations are brewing within my brain. But for today's drawing I chose a Wolf.

I have applied the idea of "Fursonality" to my character, "Death" from my comic series, "Four from the End" .

(It has to do with the apocolypse... in a light hearted and humorous way... or something)

I really had a lot of fun with this image. I used 18" x 24" standard drawing paper, Pen, Brush and Ink, Prismacolor Pencils, Prismacolor Markers, and of course, Pencils. Of the images, My favorite was the Chibi (bottom left on the group image) done in just pen and ink. But I also really like the colored more natural image on the right. I am not too keen on my third image, which is more my traditional style... but... nobody is perfect. I spent about 11 hours today working on these, and stopped to take a few breaks in between to do things around the house, and eat meals. I hope you enjoy these at least half as much as I enjoyed making them.

As I said before, If you want to see more of my artwork, please scroll up to the top of this page, and click the "Daily Sketches" link, and thank you for stopping by my blog page!

2 comments: